Before you write to us, please be informed as follows:
If the matter is about life insurance companies that are members of LIA
- For service standards, members follow the “LIA Code of Life Insurance Practice”. Please refer to: https://www.lia.org.sg/tools-and-resources/consumer-guides/
- LIA does not prescribe or control how members are to charge insurance premiums or underwrite (i.e. assess) applications for life or health insurance.
- LIA does not have the power to investigate business practices of members or the conduct of their financial advisory representatives/partners.
- LIA does not have the power to resolve disputes between policyholder and member. If you think you have been treated unfairly by your life insurance company or that your claim has been unreasonably declined, please refer to: https://www.lia.org.sg/consumers/when-things-go-wrong/
If the matter is about financial advisory representatives (i.e. life insurance agents or representatives of Financial Adviser firms)
- If you have a complaint against a representative, please approach his life insurance company or FA firm. You will need to provide specific information and objective evidence for the company or FA firm to assess and decide on the next course of action. Action cannot be taken on the basis of allegations without evidence.
- If you intend to become a representative, please discuss the entry requirements with your prospective life insurance company or FA firm.
- If you are a representative seeking advice on the Financial Advisory Act or its regulations, or other regulatory matters, please approach your life insurance company or FA firm for assistance.
- If you are a representative having a dispute with your life insurance company or FA firm, there is no independent avenue available for assistance. You can consider getting legal advice if you think you have a case.
If the matter is about policy search for deceased family member (i.e. does deceased have any policies with insurance companies)
- LIA does not have the power to enquire with insurance companies on your behalf. Please contact every company directly: https://www.lia.org.sg/about-us/membership/
If there is a business or commercial sponsorship opportunity for members of LIA
- If you have a business or commercial sponsorship opportunity for members, please contact them directly: https://www.lia.org.sg/about-us/membership/
If there is a commercial sponsorship opportunity for LIA
- LIA has a policy of non-acceptance.
NEED HELP WITH A DISPUTE?
Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC)
36 Robinson Road #15-01
City House, Singapore 068877
(65) 6327 8878
FIDReC is an independent organisation for resolving disputes between financial institutions and consumers.
If you have a dispute with your life insurer that hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, you may go to FIDReC within six months of receiving the insurer’s final letter.
Life Insurance Association
79 Anson Road #11-05
(65) 6438 8900